Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Posted by Moni at 4:03 PM
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Christina is one of my really close girl friend's.
She grew up in the church we attend, and when I came to the church at the age of 14 she was one of the first friends I met. I remember her coming up to me while I was standing with my mom and dad, and I turned around and she and another girl were standing there. They said "Hi" and introduced themselves. Every service after that she would invite me to sit with her or go to missionettes with her or youth group. She has held a huge role in my walk with God. She's been one of my best friends ever since, she even lived with me at my parents house for awhile before we both got married. On sunday we went out to eat for her 27th birthday with a few of our other friends. We went to Maggiano's restaurant at the Grove in L.A. We had so much fun! We reminisced about our high school days and laughed SOO much, I literally was doing the "ugly face laugh" from laughing so hard.
Me, Christina and her sis Lorena
Friends Drea & Angel
happy birthday to youuuuu
Posted by Moni at 5:37 PM
Posted by Moni at 4:54 PM
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Today I went my friend Andrea to the mall to get a b-day gift. It was so nice to get out and spend some time with my friend + do a lil shoppin'. =) (even tho I think I did a lil too much walking for my poor body) Anyways, we went to Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, Aldo...where I bought these...
I was tagged by Miss and I totally forgot until right now as I was reading her blog. Sorry Miss!
The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then go to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. What was I doing ten years ago? Well, ten years ago I was 17, aww I LOVED being 17! It was one of my favorites ages because I was young enough to still be considered a teen and get spoiled by my mom, but at the same time in my mind I was almost 18, which meant I was an "adult". I was graduating high school that year and was having SO much fun with my friends, going places, having a lil more freedom, graduating from "missionettes" (church ministry) and getting promoted into new "grown up" ministry such as projector girl, usherette...etc. I dont know why, but I always say being 17 was one of my favorite ages. =)
2. Five things on my to do list for today: Since it's so late at night and already Thursday (it's 1am) , i'll do my list for Thursday 6/19.
1. Sleep in as usual, my sleeping schedule is all messed up these days, I stay up really late at night and then sleep in the next day. I'm trying to fix that tho.
2. Put away all our clean clothes that I just washed.
3. For the first time since everything i'm going to attempt to go out with my friend Drea to the mall to buy my other friend Christina a birthday gift. Her b-day is on Saturday.
4. My to do list isn't very big as you can tell, so i'm trying to make stuff up now. Umm, go to my mom's house and wait for Matt to get out of work since it's been SO hot and our condo is hotter than Hades!
5. Attempt to make something easy for dinner that doesn't require the oven. Who am I kidding? I'm sure we'll stay at my moms house until it cools down and she'll "make" us eat her dinner.
3. Snacks I enjoy: I'm not really a snacky type of person, unless it's already sitting in front of me... but anyways lately i've been loving sherbert ice cream! I also like chips and dip/ranch/cream cheese&salsa, spinach dip in a sourdough bread bowl, watermelon, and I love chewy sour candy. Oh and I love Pepsi because it makes me burp really loud.
4. Things I would do if I was a billionaire: I would help my church in a ginormous way, buy a house for us, buy our parents and siblings houses, buy my aunt patty a new pad or do a complete homemakeover to her house cuz I think she really does like living in Compton =), help family in need, help those who need funds to adopt or those who need $$$$ for fertility treatment, and basically I would just love to help people with needs. Oh and go on vacations with my hubby and send my sisters on nice vacations with all their kiddies!! And of course support my parents so that they would never have to worry about $$ ever again!
5. Places I have lived: Ontario CA, Whittier CA, La Mirada CA
6. People I want to know more about, ie meaning TAG! YOU'RE IT!
OK, I dont even know who to tag! I have like 2 blog friends! I don't know who reads my blog, if anybody does! If you read my blog, please feel free to tag yourself, but let me know so I can feel all special, and read about you! =)
Posted by Moni at 12:34 AM
Monday, June 16, 2008
Here's some pics...
hehehe...my niece catching some zzzz's
Posted by Moni at 6:39 PM
If you've previously emailed me at my job email, you can now email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Moni at 12:25 PM
That's what my job is really good at. So i've been off of work since I had surgery, and Friday my job decides to lay me off. How sad is that. Just kick me when i'm down why dontcha? Surprisingly, I didn't even cry, wasn't even sad, it must be part of God's plan for me because I had such a peace. I'm not sure what it is, but these last few weeks have been off the wall. I was surprised at how they laid me off, but that's another story. it was pretty shady, especially after i've been working for them for 7 years! I just couldn't see how they could do that to me WHILE I was out on surgery leave.
Oh well, I had been feeling that it was time to move on lately. I want to do something that I enjoy. I love crafts, I love party planning, I love planning events, heck, I told Matt I would be elated to even work at Michael's craft store! But for now, i'm going to focus on getting better before I look for anything.
Pray for me please!
Posted by Moni at 10:22 AM
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
I ended up going to my family reunion even tho I really didn't "feel" like it. I knew that if I didn't go I would feel even worse. I ended up having a nice time, met lots of family, hung out with old family, grubbed and soaked in the fresh warm weather. It was held at a regional park, so we had a huge area all to ourselves. It was from 10am-7pm, and we got there around 2 and stayed til 7.
Here's some pics from the festivities. I can't wait to get the pics the real photographer took because mine suck (well the group ones do).
My 3 sisters - their husbands (- 1 that didn't make it) and my parents.
I was soo jealous that I couldn't play volleyball with all the cousins! =( I'm usually the first and last one out there playing. I LOVE volleyball!
So I sat on the side playing with baby Nick.
lil love bug!
my cousin Mia playing games...
My mom and aunt playing horseshoes.
Me and my cutie pie gramma.
ALL the 1st & 2nd cousins...
Me w. my sisters...
me and my boo... =)
All the Romo Girls...1st cousins...
my nieces and nephews...
me and my jojo who obviously wasn't feelin it.
My sis and my niece Penny
My parents with all their kids and grandkids..
My parents with all their grandkids...
nicknames: Lovie, Lulu, Nickle, Vaness, Reya, Lalo, JoJo, Serg, Penny & Desi.
THE END... =)
Posted by Moni at 3:41 PM
Monday, June 2, 2008
So I haven't updated my blog in awhile. I had a lil minor surgery 2 weeks ago and i'm still recovering. While I "feel" fine, my wound is still healing. I've been rather slumpish, and have barely even been on my computer. I've been feeling better tho, and God has been showing me that things could be way worse, as much as III feel like what I went thru was pretty sucky. I've been staying at my mom's house (matt too) so I've been having alot of family time which is good.
This weekend is our big Family Reunion for all my family on my dad's side. I pray i'm completely miraculously healed by then! I'm excited to go and see all my family and meet family I've never met. It's going to be Hawaiian themed so I need to find something to wear. There's going to be a pro. photographer there and entertainment for the kids, games, prizes, volleyball, etc.. I know it's going to be so much fun!
Posted by Moni at 4:48 PM